I am proud to announce another new course for the Worlds of Making Digital Academy, an online school which provides anytime, anywhere, affordable, self-paced makerspaces professional learning opportunities for teachers.
I am thrilled to announce the launch of the next course, Picture This…Using Picture Books to Inspire Innovation and Problem Solving. This course was authored by Library Media Specialist, Barbara Johnson, best known for her expertise in teaching inquiry and creativity. To celebrate the launch of this course, we are offering it for $100.00 off the regular course price! PLEASE USE THE COUPON CODE: COURSELAUNCH5 (Please note, this special launch price is only valid until 11/7/2016).
Just as with any other course in the Worlds of Making Digital Academy, once you purchase the course, it is yours forever, to complete at your own pace. All course authors are available to support you through the process.
See below for a full description of our NEW course.
Picture This…Using Picture Books to Inspire Innovation and Problem Solving
Enroll in this course to learn how to use picture books with young learners to engage and inspire inquiry, maker activities, calls to action and arts integration.
By the end of this course, you will:
Gain an introduction to Inquiry, which will include:
What Do You Wonder? Creating quality questions with kids.
Work With Me! Coordinating collaboration between students.
What is Your Problem!? Gaining a global perspective on problem solving.
What's Next? Engaging engineers and innovators.
Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead! Integrating the Arts into the inquiry process.
Who should take this course?
Classroom teachers, librarians, any anyone interested in facilitating maker activities will benefit from enrolling. All educators who are looking to spark inquiry in their classrooms or makerspaces.
What you get:
- Instructor-led online course which includes personalized support through the duration of your course
- Example texts, projects and student work to support each module
- Standards-based lessons and activities
- Graphic organizers to download and use with your students today!
- The ability to create your own lessons as you make your way through the course, with the support of your instructor
- The opportunity to earn an official 'Worlds of Making' microcredential, upon course completion
* Want to teach a course for the Worlds of Making Digital Academy? More here.