I am proud to announce another new course for the Worlds of Making Digital Academy, an online school which provides anytime, anywhere, affordable, self-paced makerspace professional learning opportunities for teachers.
I am thrilled to announce the launch of the next course, Using Literature to Create Makerspaces. This course was authored by School Librarian, Kelsey Ray. To celebrate the launch of this course, we are offering it and ALL courses at the Academy for just 99$! Please use the coupon code COURSELAUNCH4, when enrolling in this, or any of the course offerings at the Academy. (Please note, this special offer is only valid until 10/31/2016).
Just as with any other course in the Worlds of Making Digital Academy, once you purchase the course, it is yours forever, to complete at your own pace. All course authors are available to support you through the process.
See below for a full description of our NEW course.
Using Literature to Create Makerspaces: Books to Inspire Making
This course will walk you through the steps for using books to create makerspaces. You will receive a planning template and book lists that will set you on the road to developing engaging makerspaces for your students. In addition, you will see how to turn any book into a creative makerspace.
You Will Learn How to:
- Turn any book into a makerspace
- Move from STEM–>STEAM–>STREAM in your makerspace
- Integrate making into literacy and literacy into making
- Transform fairy tales, folk tales and nursery rhymes into opportunities for making
- Leverage maker opportunities for books on coding, electronics and robots
- Create the conditions to inspire making with books
Who should enroll?
- PK-12 classroom teachers
- School library media specialists/librarians
- STEM educators
- Tech integration teachers
- Educational technology teachers
- School leaders
- All educational stakeholders
- Those who don't have a makerspace, but want one
- Those who do have makerspace, but are looking to improve theirs
What you get
- ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, SELF-PACED PD- you purchase the course and it is yours forever to complete when you are able to
- A makerspace literature planning sheet, that can be used with ANY book!
- Multimedia content
- Printable resources to use to help guide you through the process of planning and creating a makerspace
- Help and support all throughout your journey through this course
- The opportunity to earn an official 'Worlds of Making' microcredential, upon course completion
- FREE bonus module with tips on how to fund and get supplies for your makerspace!
* Want to teach a course for the Worlds of Making Digital Academy? More here.