In my previous post, I announced the creation of my 'Worlds of Making' Digital Academy. I created this school to be able to offer individual educators affordable, online, self-paced, anytime, anywhere makerspace professional learning opportunities.
I am excited to announce the launch of my first course, 'Creating Spaces for Students to Make'! Purchase the course, then complete it at your own pace. It is yours forever! See below for a full description of this course.
Creating Spaces for Students to Make
My library was once described as a 'barren wasteland'. This all changed in 2013, when I began my journey at New Milford High School and decided to create a makerspace in it. In what seemed like record time, our library was standing-room only and transformed into a 'thriving learning metropolis'.
The Maker Movement has been a revolution in education. All educational stakeholders need to find ways to leverage this Movement. In this course I share with you everything I have learned about planning and creating not only my makerspace, but Pre-K- 12 makerspaces across the Nation.
Whether you are new to the Maker Movement, or a seasoned maker, there is something in this course for everyone.
You Will Learn How to:
- Plan, create and launch a makerspace in your school, library or classroom
- Choose the materials and supplies that will best support your makerspace
- Support your makerspace on any budget
- Set up your physical makerspace
- Effectively manage and facilitate your makerspace
- Unleash student creativity
Who should enroll?
- PK-12 classroom teachers
- School library media specialists/librarians
- STEM educators
- Tech integration teachers
- Educational technology teachers
- School leaders
- All educational stakeholders
- Those who don't have a makerspace, but want one
- Those who do have makerspace, but are looking to improve theirs
What you get
- A step-by-step breakdown of how to plan, create and launch a makerspace
- Over 1 hour of multimedia content
- Printable resources to use to help guide you through the process of planning and creating a makerspace
- Help and support all throughout your journey through this course
- The opportunity to earn an official 'Worlds of Making' microcredential, upon course completion
- A bonus module that includes some of my favorite makerspace 'things'